Senior Travel Consultant
The Rhino Africa story began way back in 2004 and has since grown beyond our wildest dreams. Repeatedly voted Africa’s Leading Safari Company, Rhino Africa is a world leader in curating bespoke once-in-a-lifetime luxury African itineraries. We firmly believe in the transformational nature of our tourism industry and the value it has in providing sustainable solutions in both protecting our wild animals and uplifting vulnerable communities in Africa.
We are on the lookout for a full-time Senior Travel Consultant with a minimum of 5 years experience selling to direct clients to join our Sales Team.
The role is specialising in customised travel arrangements for Rhino Africa direct clients. Elements of specialist training are a must and the senior consultant has to be able to use the industry standard travel booking programs. This is a customer service industry, so a personable character and the ability to communicate clearly are aspects required. A senior consultant has in-depth knowledge of at least Southern and East African safari/luxury holiday destinations and have been on extensive educational and familiarization trips to luxury properties.
As a Senior Travel Consultant your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acting as the first (and best!) point of contact for international clientele interested in booking tailor-made holidays and safaris on the continent
- Wow-ing existing and potential clients with first-hand knowledge of African properties and destinations
- Preparing attractive quotations and itineraries that complement individual client expectations and budgets
- Effectively actioning the travel booking process at all levels (including booking hotel rooms, car rentals, lodges etc. as per customer confirmation)
- Collecting client payments - ka-ching! - and approving supplier invoices for payment
- Providing customer support before, during and after travel - ensuring that Rhino Africa clients stay Rhino Africa clients
- Meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales targets set by Rhino Africa's Sales Managers
- Managing below metrics as part of salary Review
- Enquiries received
- Conversion of enquiries to bookings
- Revenue & GP
- Work directly with Sales Managers to resolve client travel issues
- Customer service-related responsibilities from client
- Send all escalations for Sales Support to direct line manager
- Work with external suppliers on a regular basis via telephone and email communication to ensure all aspects of the booking from supplier end is organised and resolved.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Commitment and alignment to Rhino Africa’s preferred partners
- Ability to meet deadlines / accept challenges / work under pressure
- Teamwork and enthusiasm to assist colleagues
- Positive attitude
- High service levels / High performance culture
- Customer is King attitude. Acquiring and maintaining client relationships at all levels
- Well travelled
- Extensive experience in dealing with high profile clients
- Excellent supplier relationships
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, a commission structure, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- All senior consultants have access to administration support, in the form of a concierge specialist;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- The ideal candidate that meets all our requirements, would be considered for a start-up bonus.
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
- Rhino Rock Stars are awarded through our Rhinopolies program
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.