Senior Salesforce Developer
At Rhino Africa - The world’s leading luxury Safari company, we are proud to promote safari & luxury travel destinations across Africa; pioneering a new path for sustainable tourism and leaving our legacy on the continent. We aim to continue to remain the undisputed authority on luxury African travel, and now, we are seeking a talented individual to join our Technology department and become a Senior Salesforce Developer in our Salesforce Team.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will be a vital member of the team, responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining custom solutions on the Salesforce platform. They will be in charge of maintaining code quality by conducting code reviews of other Salesforce developers. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Senior Salesforce Developer will understand and prioritise business requirements, and provide technical guidance to junior developers and stakeholders. With a strong emphasis on innovation and technology, this role will be involved in projects that drive the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and business, collaborating with multiple teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions that drive company-wide strategic goals.
Reasons for joining Rhino Africa as Senior Salesforce Developer
- The luxury African travel industry is thriving and presents a unique opportunity to join the recovery of the luxury travel market post-pandemic. Rhino Africa is poised to bring guests to the most exclusive and remote destinations in Africa, and this is an exciting time to be part of the travel industry's growth.
- Working at Rhino Africa offers more than just a job – it offers the opportunity to make a tangible positive impact in Africa. The company is passionate about the continent, its people, wildlife, and landscapes, and is seeking individuals who share this passion and want to make a difference.
- Rhino Africa is a pioneer in the luxury African travel industry, using Salesforce to revolutionise the booking process for luxury African holidays. By connecting suppliers across the continent with travel experts, Rhino Africa leverages APIs and the Salesforce platform to deliver innovative solutions that enhance the industry as a whole.
About the team
The Technology department at Rhino Africa consists of the following teams: Salesforce, Business Intelligence, Engineering and Data Quality. In total there are 20 technology professionals in the department, a mix of Analysts, Developers and Engineers.
Our Salesforce team consists of Support and Training, Maintenance and Development. The team consists of 6 Salesforce enthusiasts and is supported by our Engineering team. On top of Salesforce our stack includes: Kaptio (Like Travel Cloud), Prodly (AppOps) and Tableau.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Design, implement, and maintain custom solutions on the Salesforce platform that meet business requirements and improve platform performance
- Conduct thorough code-reviews of other Salesforce developers to ensure best practices and high-quality code
- Put together technical specifications, deployment guides, release notes, and user guides for newly developed in-house features or newly-released Salesforce features to ensure a smooth implementation process
- Serve as a technical mentor and provide guidance to junior developers and stakeholders, ensuring their success and growth
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including other developers in our Engineering team, business analysts, and project managers, to understand and prioritise business needs
- Analyse complex and interrelated changes to the Salesforce platform that affect multiple areas, in order to meet complex requirements and enhance performance
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders during testing and approval processes of new features, ensuring their successful implementation
- Participate in Agile software development methodologies, including stand-up meetings, sprint retrospectives, and demonstrations of completed work to stakeholders
- Stay current with the latest Salesforce technologies and trends, and proactively seek out new opportunities to enhance the company's Salesforce org and maintain its competitive advantage.
Our ideal Senior Salesforce Developer will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Or a strong Trailblazer profile and/or Salesforce Certifications)
- 5+ years of professional programming experience as a developer
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Extensive experience with Apex, Visualforce, and the Salesforce Lightning platform
- 1+ year deployment pipeline experience
- A proven ability to navigate complex product development processes and deliver results in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, from conceptualization to successful MVP implementation
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
Not essential but advantageous:
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and II certifications preferred
- Experience integrating external applications with the Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of source/version control tools such as Bitbucket, Git
- Agile and lean methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Working knowledge of tools such as ClickUp or JIRA
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens & SA permanent residents