At Rhino Africa - The world’s leading Safari company, we are proud to promote safari & luxury travel destinations across Africa; pioneering a new path for sustainable tourism and leaving our legacy on the continent. We are on the lookout for a full-time Salesforce Developer to be the technical lead of our Salesforce team.
Our ideal Salesforce Developer will be a Salesforce enthusiast and share our passion for technology and sustainable tourism. We are seeking a detail-oriented technologist who is ready for a challenge and will take our Salesforce platform to another level. As our Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for leading the development and deployment of new features and functionalities, as well as driving day to day maintenance of Salesforce, with constant re-prioritization and adjustments being made along the way. You will work on projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and the business, while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams to deliver results that impact company-wide strategic goals.
The right candidate will thrive in a high-functioning, fast-changing, and collaborative environment. This is a highly visible role that not only requires a proven ability to develop and maintain Salesforce, but it will also require to perform code reviews for other developers on the team and to lead efforts to launch programs and custom solutions that use Salesforce.
As a Salesforce Developer at Rhino Africa, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist with the end-to-end process for Salesforce system administration and software development, from requirement gathering sessions with business leads, to design, development, documentation, testing, release of new features, and bug resolution for released feature sets
- Analyse changes to Salesforce that are often complex, interrelated, and cut across multiple platforms, to fulfil complicated requirements and improve performance
- Code review other developers working on the team working in Salesforce
- Closely partner with business stakeholders to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and sign off on successful implementations of features
- Use ClickUp to create and successfully translate business requirements and their acceptance criteria, as well as manage backlog of requirements prior to development of the product’s features and functionalities
- Develop technical design specifications, deployment guide, release notes user guide documentations required for new in-house developed features or for Salesforce application (or 3rd party apps) features
- Maintain a governance model and change management process for Salesforce
- Continuously look for opportunities to optimise existing Salesforce code to improve overall performance
- Keep up to date with all new Salesforce & Kaptio features by attending educational workshops; reviewing release notes; establishing personal networks; participating in Salesforce trailblazer community groups
Our ideal Salesforce Developer will possess:
- BS, MS or Certificate Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of professional programming experience as a software developer
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience developing solutions on Salesforce technical stack using the following platform components and languages:, Apex, Flow, Lightning Web Components, Lightning Aura Components, Visualforce, SOQL/SOSL, API
- 2+ years of prior experience working as part of collaborative, interdisciplinary team to deliver web-based products on time and on budget
- 1+ year deployment pipeline experience
- Demonstrated experience working with complex product development lifecycles and schedules, in a high-functioning, fast-changing, and collaborative environment, from ideation through to MVP
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Knowledge of the following will be advantageous:
- Experience integrating external applications with the Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of source/version control tools such as Bitbucket, Git
- Agile and lean methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Working knowledge of tools such as ClickUp or JIRA
- FIT/ tailor-made travel industry
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented team for all your digital needs;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs