The Rhino Africa story began way back in 2004 and has since grown beyond our wildest dreams. Repeatedly voted Africa’s Leading Safari Company, Rhino Africa is a world leader in curating bespoke once-in-a-lifetime luxury African itineraries. We firmly believe in the transformational nature of our tourism industry and the value it has in providing sustainable solutions in both protecting our wild animals and uplifting vulnerable communities in Africa.
We are on the lookout for a full-time Product Coordinator to join our Product team. The Product Coordinator will handle all travel related issues with respect to client and/or supplier related queries and requests, and to fulfil the company's internal travel related requirements in airline ticketing arrangements, hotel accommodation, car rentals etc.
As a Product Coordinator your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Organise, book, collect internal client payments and ensure payment for internal training and applicable leisure travel from beginning to end, through booking tickets, transportation and accommodation, activities, flights (via Flights desk) etc. in a timeous fashion, within or under budget, utilising RA’s supplier base;
- Proactively offering recommendations and travel support to RA staff;
- Collecting and sharing post travel feedback and setting up of internal feedback presentations;
- Arrange supplier office visits and training events, site inspections, trade shows;
- Deploy educationals based on Operations Manager’s brief;
- Effectively facilitate & communicate problems and complaints with regard to travel and training;
- General supplier and internal staff engagement;
- Attend travel workshops, supplier meetings and training events as and when necessary;
- Maintain relationships with key partners , both internal and external;
- Accurate and efficient input of data , QC analysis, troubleshooting and maintenance of internal reservation and travel platforms;
- Align and execute duties i.t.o Rhino Africa policy and procedure;
- Perform basic design tasks on itineraries as required;
- Improve on all aspects of given duties on a regular basis;
- Manage relationship as first point of contact with suppliers;
- Ensure that all prep work for supplier engagement is managed in accordance with supplier requirements;
- Curate supplier feedback and distribute to sales floor;
- Work with external suppliers on a regular basis via telephone and email communication to ensure all aspects of supplier engagement is managed;
- Effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Effective management and resolving of escalations with suppliers with support of Operations Manager;
- Work with our consultant team to resolve open tickets relating to supplier presentations and engagements;
- Send required invites and communicate requirements for supplier meetings with consultants;
- Ensure all training registers for supplier training and engagements are kept up to date.
- Reporting on consultant and sales support attendance.
- Reporting on Supplier engagements for the month and quarter;
Our ideal Product Coordinator will possess:
- National Senior Certification/Matric;
- 2 Years experience as a Product Coordinator;
- Attention to detail: Rhino Africa is all about providing an exceptional experience to customers, and as a Product Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring that every detail is taken care of to provide the best possible experience.
- Attention to detail is crucial in this role;
- Organized: to be able to manage multiple projects, schedules, and deadlines, in a very efficient manner to ensure that everything runs smoothly;
- Good communication skills: to be able to communicate effectively, clearly and efficiently with stakeholders, including suppliers, partners, and customers;
- Creativity: Rhino Africa is constantly changing, and therefore the ability to be creative in developing new products and experiences is essential to keep customers engaged and excited;.
- Ability to work under pressure: Rhino Africa can be unpredictable, and things can change quickly. The ability to handle high-pressure situations and be adaptable to change is extremely important;
- Customer-focused: Having a customer-focused mindset to ensure that every decision is made with their needs in mind is required. The primary goal of Rhino Africa is to provide a exceptional experience to internal customers;
- Passion for travel: Finally, a passion for travel is essential in this role as it assists you to understand the needs and desires of travellers and enables the Product Coordinator to create products and experiences that will exceed clients’ expectations;
- Already based in Cape Town.
Not essential but advantageous:
- Diploma/Degree In Tourism;
- The ability to command additional languages.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.