At Rhino Africa - The world’s leading Safari company, we are proud to promote safari & luxury travel destinations across Africa; pioneering a new path for sustainable tourism and leaving our legacy on the continent. We are on the lookout for a full-time Video Editor to join our Marketing team.
Rhino Africa's in-house Marketing agency, is home to our own tribe of digital marketing #fundis, SEO specialists, wordsmiths, data-savvy business analysts and an audacious team of photographers and designers; all of whom collaborate to share our African passion, experience and knowledge with the world. We're on a safari straight to the top and we're looking for someone to join us on the journey. What we're looking for is someone who is ready to bring concepts to life and enthral audiences - we're hiring for a creative, inspired and efficient Video Editor.
As a Mid-level Video Editor your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop and create visual content designed to generate leads and increase brand awareness internationally;
- Edit and manipulate raw footage together with overlay visuals and images to assemble content as briefed;
- Effectively manage and take ownership for the management, collation and storage of all video content;
- Collaborate with the marketing function on the conceptualisation and execution of campaigns across our various brands;
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximise efficiency and quality;
- Most of all, inspire clients to undertake a safari or wildlife experience with Rhino Africa.
Our ideal Video Editor is experienced in multimedia production and content creation, carrying at least:
- A qualification in Video Editing or a related field;
- 3 years of video editing and content creation experience;
- A good showreel of actual work completed as well as examples of full projects/edits;
- Competency in using a variety of creative suite software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Davinci Resolve, Mocha, PTGui);
- Excellent post production related skills including but not limited to: project organization, linear editing, asset management, colour grading, optimizing footage, animation principles, motion graphics, and 360 image stitching);
- An exceptional eye and attention to detail;
- The ability to maintain a high level of productivity under pressure;
- Passion for knowledge of Africa and African travel is advantageous;
- Passion for the digital marketing field;
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- Hybrid work model – Enjoy the flexibility of working on-site and remotely part of the week once you've passed your probation;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.