The Rhino Africa story began way back in 2004 and has since grown beyond our wildest dreams. Repeatedly voted Africa’s Leading Safari Company, Rhino Africa is a world leader in curating bespoke once-in-a-lifetime luxury African itineraries. We firmly believe in the transformational nature of our tourism industry and the value it has in providing sustainable solutions in both protecting our wild animals and uplifting vulnerable communities in Africa.
We are on the lookout for a full-time German Copywriter to join our Marketing team. The purpose of this role revolves around creating German content for all our platforms, as well as working closely with the Marketing team in the creation of excellent day to day experiences for the consumers and other audiences through the content.
As a German Copywriter, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Creating new, unique German content, which is both brand appropriate and innovative.
- Creating German newsletters as well as assisting with all foreign language newsletters.
- Creating inspiring and informative German blog posts.
- Implementing SEO strategies and best practice in all written online content on Rhino Africa’s website & blog and other affiliate websites.
- Content creation responsibilities also extend to ad hoc requests and translations for various platforms such as Kaptio and others.
- Engaging in all Marketing projects and campaigns, from brainstorming to the actual content production.
- Collaborating with other Marketing team members to ensure the best content production possible.
- Incorporating input from Sales, Product and other teams as well as keeping our overall business goals in mind for all produced content.
- Supporting our Head of Content with content planning and project management tasks.
- Abiding by and adhering to all brand requirements for Rhino Africa and all affiliate brands.
- Ensuring that our German content is both brand appropriate and appealing to our German-speaking audiences.
- Constantly updating our German Brand Bible and other content creation documents.
- Improving the appeal of our German content through market, trend and competitor analysis.
- Assisting our SEO Specialist with SEO research for the German market
- Completing regular Marketing reports as needed.
- Ensuring that all project and time management requirements are met at all times.
Our ideal German Copywriter will possess:
- National Senior Certificate (Abitur/Matric)
- Bachelor's degree in journalism/language/literature/communications or similar
- 1-2 Years of work experience in a digital content production environment
- Native speaker with an excellent grasp of German
- The ability to maintain a high level of productivity under pressure and to work around tight deadlines
- Strong organisational, problem solving and time-management skills
- An extremely good eye with a knack for attention to detail
Not essential but advantageous:
- Passion for knowledge of Africa and African travel is advantageous
- Ability to manage and handle stress;
- Based in Cape Town;
- Innovative and critical thinking;
- Deadline driven.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry and continent;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa! Each member of the Rhino Africa Crash has exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Position available to SA citizens and Germans with valid SA work permits.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs