English Concierge Specialist
At Rhino Africa, the world’s leading Safari company, we are proud to promote safari & luxury travel destinations across Africa; pioneering a new path for sustainable tourism and leaving our legacy on the continent. We are on the lookout for a full-time English Concierge Specialist to join our Sales Support team.
As an English Concierge Specialist your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for international clientele interested in booking tailor-made holidays and safaris on the continent
- Book hotel/lodge and logistic reservations, based consultant requirements
- Responsible for travel request distribution to agents
- Supporting Sales consultants with all administrative duties
- Conclude on all aspects of the post confirmation of the booking
- Enquiry warming (to be handed over to Senior Consultant)
- Sales Quotes as first point of contact to support Senior Sales Consultant
- Work directly with Sales Managers to resolve client travel issues
- Customer service-related responsibilities from client and perform other office duties as assigned
- Work with external suppliers on a regular basis via telephone and email communications to ensure all aspects of booking from supplier end is resolved
- Work with our rates team to resolve rates-related tasks and communicate with consultants
- Log all required tickets relating to rates and product
- Timeous turnaround time (Sales Consultant request to be actioned within 24hrs)
- Ensure Concierge dashboard is updated and reporting done with sales managers
Our ideal English Concierge Specialist will possess:
- A National Senior Certificate/Matric
- 2 years of experience in a Concierge or Sales Administrative Assistant role
- The successful candidate must be based in Cape Town.
- Great communication skills
- Willingness and drive to learn
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Not essential but advantageous:
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence across the organisation.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.