Data Quality Analyst
The Rhino Africa story began way back in 2004 and has since grown beyond our wildest dreams. Repeatedly voted Africa’s Leading Safari Company, Rhino Africa is a world leader in curating bespoke once-in-a-lifetime luxury African itineraries. We firmly believe in the transformational nature of our tourism industry and the value it has in providing sustainable solutions in both protecting our wild animals and uplifting vulnerable communities in Africa.
We are on the lookout for a full-time Data Quality Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team.
The Data Quality Analyst will assist in the improvement of Rhino Africa’s overall data quality and integrity across the company’s production systems.
As a Data Quality Analyst your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing the structure, completeness, and accuracy of data to identify potential data quality issues and to determine business impact.
- Analysing data for compliance to design specification (source-to-target) and expected/anticipated behaviours, identifying quality issues and recommending solutions
- Collaborating with data owners and stakeholders to implement data quality improvement initiatives and projects
- Reviewing data pipelines to identify data sources and assess the accuracy and completeness thereof
- Actively communicate to internal and external stakeholders or customers on quality issues with regards to the way data is collected, stored, processed or used
- Developing and implementing data validation rules and checks to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Implementing procedures that improve data quality and consistency to enhance data-driven decision making within the organisation
- Developing and enforcing data quality best practice guidelines and policies
- Assisting with the development of automated data quality alerts and solutions development
- Generating data quality reports and dashboards, communicating findings, and presenting recommendations to stakeholders and management
- Creating and maintaining data dictionaries and documentation to ensure transparency and facilitate understanding of data
- Develop subject matter expertise on the key sources for diverse business analysis and advise developers and analysts on deliverables and support.
- Monitoring and analysing data quality metrics and trends, identifying anomalies or patterns that indicate data quality issues
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process optimisation and automation to enhance data quality practices
- Ensure data governance processes are in place and followed, to ensure data privacy and security
- Assist business teams and management with the development and implementation of operational metrics, dashboards and reporting
- Providing training and support to users and stakeholders to promote data quality awareness and best practices
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure the successful migration of the data warehouse to the cloud
- Assist in overseeing the migration of data structures within the data warehouse to support forecasting efforts
- Provide support to improve data quality and data integrity within the organisation
Our ideal Data Quality Analyst will possess:
- National Senior Certificate (Matric)
- BA/Bcom/BsC in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 1-3 Years experience in Data Quality Management.
- 1-3 Years experience in MySQL/SQL.
- 1-3 Years experience in Google Suite/Microsoft Office.
- 1-3 Years experience in Tableau.
- 1-3 Year experience using Cloud Technologies (GCP/AWS)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques, and an ability to adapt to changing data landscapes and emerging data quality challenges.
- Effective communication skills in order to collaborate with various key stakeholders, including marketing and sales teams as well as the engineering department.
- Basic Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Experience with programming languages (Python/R).
- Experience using Google Analytics (UA & GA4).
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical business owners.
- Knowledge of data governance frameworks, best practices, and compliance regulations.
- Problem solving and diagnostic acumen, strong analytical mind-set.
- Acute attention to detail and organisational skills in order to prioritise tasks and relay insights to members of the leadership team.
- Ability to self learn to develop required skills.
Not essential but advantageous:
- Already based in Cape Town or willing to relocate
- Command of additional languages besides English
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry and continent;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 4% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa! Each member of the Rhino Africa Crash has exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs