The Rhino Africa story began way back in 2004 and has since grown beyond our wildest dreams. Repeatedly voted Africa’s Leading Safari Company, Rhino Africa is a world leader in curating bespoke once-in-a-lifetime luxury African itineraries. We firmly believe in the transformational nature of our tourism industry and the value it has in providing sustainable solutions in both protecting our wild animals and uplifting vulnerable communities in Africa.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Contracting Manager to join our thriving tour operator business, specifically our Rates Team.
As the Contracting Manager for our tour operator business, you will be at the forefront of shaping our travel offerings through skillful and strategic contract negotiation. Your ability to secure favourable terms, rates, and conditions with our network of suppliers will directly impact our competitiveness, profitability, and the overall quality of the travel experiences we provide.
Your multifaceted expertise in reporting, analysis, and contract execution ensures a holistic approach to managing supplier relationships and driving business success. By seamlessly transitioning negotiated terms into our systems for operational execution, you play a pivotal role in maintaining efficiency and consistency throughout the contract lifecycle. Your contributions across these key performance areas and reporting requirements will be vital in achieving our organisational goals and further establishing our tour operator business as a leader in the industry.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supplier Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with diverse travel suppliers.
- Contract Negotiation: Secure competitive pricing and high-quality standards for our travel products.
- Product Development: Collaborate on innovative travel packages.
- Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends and competitors.
- Contract Administration: Ensure accuracy and compliance with legal and company requirements.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with supplier agreements.
- Quality Assurance: Monitor service quality and address issues for exceptional customer experiences.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives.
- Performance Analysis: Track supplier performance, contract profitability, and customer feedback for continuous improvement.
Our ideal Contracting Manager will possess:
- National Senior Certificate (Matric)
- 5 Years experience in contract negotiation within a Tour Operator environment
- Diploma in Contracting/Tourism
- Proficiency to work with Google Suite (Sheets, Excel, Slides)
- Be based in Cape Town
- The ability to Collaborate and Network with industry peers.
- Have an honest and hardworking nature;
- Be an innovative and critical thinker;
- Be a deadline driven individual who shows extreme attention to detail;
- Demonstrate efficient communication and a willingness to learn;
- Have an organised and structured approach to tasks;
- High Influence Factor in personality
- Self motivating and self-management skills
- The ability to be adaptable
Not essential but advantageous:
- A Degree in Contracting/Tourism
- Command of additional languages
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Join an award-winning team in an industry-leading company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry;
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry;
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 4% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year;
- When on-site, carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town - the world's most beautiful city;
- Optional Health Insurance coverage with Essential Med;
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback;
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented high-performance team;
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Camissa House and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Rhino Africa Safaris is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference. Please note that this position is only available to SA citizens.